3.31.2008

Oceanic Oriental Supermarket


Located in downtown Tampa sits a really convenient Asian supermarket to which i like to frequent called Oceanic Supermarket. I like to go and stock up on my favorite popular Asian beverage, Aquapure's Honey Green Tea.

We visited Hong Kong some years back and i discovered this drink. It was so very hot and humid when we went and i was really thirsty. We went to some little convenient store and though I had no idea what it was I tested this specific beverage because it had a little kawaii (see previous post "super kawaii") honeybee on it and i figured it would be sweetened with honey. Note that I had tried a few other drinks there prior to my new found treasure and I still haven't acquired the taste of dingy panty water, rubber bands and tree roots that those other drinks reeked of but hey i wouldn't have found this wonderful drink if it weren't for that little trial and error.

It smells like honey suckle nectar- kinda tastes like it too. It consists, of honey, green tea, jasmine, water, and very little sugar. I almost don't want to post this because I'm afraid someone will go there and buy it all when they taste how good it is.

But its definitely a fave, so here's a pic of it.

No comments: