4.02.2008

Bags In The Wind














none of these awesome photography shots were by me. I found them on a really nice photography site in google images.

One of my all time favorite things has always been when a gust of wind carries a plastic bag, paper, leaves or whatever all around in circular motion and up in the air as if to float like a balloon across the sky. Its beautiful and its hilarious at the same time. I couldn't begin to try to explain to you why it makes me laugh but it does. When i saw that part of the movie American Beauty where the boy who appreciates beauty in life shows his girlfriend a homemade video of a bag twirling in the wind, i grew this huge smile on my heart. I connected myself with his character and felt like that part of the movie was made especially for me because its one of those random things in life to which i believed i was the only one who truly appreciated it.


The following are great quotes from the movie that truly found me:


"When you see something like that [a dead person], it's like God is looking right at you, just for a second. And if you're careful you can look right back.""And what do you see?""Beauty."






"It was one of those days, where it's a minute away from snowing. And there's this electricity in the air. You can almost hear it, right? And this bag was just dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes!"That's the day I realized that there was this entire life behind things. And this incredibly benevolent Force wanted me to know that there was no reason to be afraid. Ever!""Video's a poor excuse, I know. but it helps me remember. I need to remember."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.